Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weekly Prospect: Miguel Sano

I was talking to one of my friends the other day about my blog and he gave me a few ideas to spice up the blog. One of the ideas that I really liked was a weekly prospect post so here it is! To kick it off I will tell you about a Twins prospect by the name of Miguel Sano.

The Twins signed Miguel Sano as an 18 year old shortstop in 2009 out of the Dominican Republic for a record $3.15 million dollar bonus. Sano is 6'5" and weighs 195 lbs according to https://www.fangraphs.com . I imagine he won't be a SS but rather a 3B or possibly RF when he reaches the big leagues.

So far this season in rookie ball Sano has demonstrated his power potential, posting a .293 ISO and 10 home runs. His .389 wOBA is quite impressive and he's creating runs 34% better then league average. Sano has also produced a 9.3 wRAA. His K% is a little high, 24.9% but has a solid 9% BB%. Sano's .336 BABIP is a little high so he should expect a slight regression as the season goes on. His numbers are much better then last year's when he was at two different levels of rookie ball. If you are curious as to what they are follow this link because I'm not sure how to distinguish the two. http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=sa548088&position=3B/SS

If Sano keeps it up he should get the call to A ball before the season's over and could begin to make an impact on the big league club during the 2014 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment