Wednesday, October 19, 2011

World Series: Final Evaluation

Overall, I think the Rangers will win the World Series. I believe their line-up and bullpen are better then the Cardinals. 1-9 the Rangers are deeper, the last few batters in the Cardinals line-up aren't that good and can't be counted on when it matters. Plus the Rangers have the better bench. Ogando and Feliz give the Rangers' bullpen the edge over St. Louis.

While I do think the Cardinals have the better pitching rotation I'm not sure they can keep the Rangers in check.  Carpenter should do solid against the Rangers but the other three worry me.

As a team the Rangers had a 60.6 WAR, only the second team since the '98 Yankees to have a team WAR over 60 and make the World Series. When it's all said and done I think the Rangers win the series 4-1, with the Cardinals winning game one with Carpenter on the hill and then losing the second time he pitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment